Khancoban to Kiandra drive
Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Khancoban to Kiandra drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Khancoban to Kiandra drive is in the central precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Drive for 5.8km until you reach the Swampy Plains Creek Road turn-off
- Follow the signs for 57.9km until you reach Cabramurra turn-off
- From here, follow Goat Ridge Road, and then turn right at Link Road for Kiandra (15.3km).
- You can also continue along Elliott Way for access to O'Hares campground and Tumbarumba.
- Drive 15.3km until you reach the Cabramurra turn-off
- Drive 4.3km to the township of Cabramurra, continue 57.9km to Alpine Way, and then turn left for Khancoban (5.8km).
Park entry points
- Swampy Plains Creek Road - Closed Winter See on map
- It's recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains from the June to October long weekends. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Check weather and road conditions before setting out as roads can close in extreme weather.
Parking is available at various sites along Khancoban to Kiandra drive.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
If you're transiting through a national park or reserve on a public road, pets must remain within the vehicle.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Khancoban Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Closed 12.30pm to 1pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6070 8400
- 2 Scammel Street, Khancoban NSW 2642
- in the Khancoban area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Khancoban area is open all year, but access along the Khancoban to Cabramurra Road is closed in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Entry passes available from Khancoban Visitor Centre's 24-hour vending machines.Buy annual pass