Khancoban to Kiandra drive
Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Khancoban to Kiandra drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Khancoban to Kiandra drive is in the central precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Drive for 5.8km until you reach the Swampy Plains Creek Road turn-off
- Follow the signs for 57.9km until you reach Cabramurra turn-off
- From here, follow Goat Ridge Road, and then turn right at Link Road for Kiandra (15.3km).
- You can also continue along Elliott Way for access to O'Hares campground and Tumbarumba.
- Drive 15.3km until you reach the Cabramurra turn-off
- Drive 4.3km to the township of Cabramurra, continue 57.9km to Alpine Way, and then turn left for Khancoban (5.8km).
Park entry points
- Swampy Plains Creek Road - Closed Winter See on map
- It's recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains from the June to October long weekends. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Check weather and road conditions before setting out as roads can close in extreme weather.
Parking is available at various sites along Khancoban to Kiandra drive.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited at this location. Drones can impact on public enjoyment and privacy, interfere with park operations, and may pose a threat to wildlife in some areas. For more information, see the Drones in Parks policy.
Commercial filming and photography
Commercial filming or photography is prohibited at this location unless prior consent has been obtained. Find out how to apply for permission to conduct commercial filming or photography and download an application form. Contact the local office to obtain consent for commercial filming or photography.
If you're transiting through a national park or reserve on a public road, pets must remain within the vehicle.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Khancoban Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily, 7 days a week. Closed 12.30pm to 1pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6070 8400
- 2 Scammel Street, Khancoban NSW 2642
- in the Khancoban area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Khancoban area is open all year, but access along the Khancoban to Cabramurra Road is closed in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Entry passes available from Khancoban Visitor Centre's 24-hour vending machines.Buy annual pass