Khancoban Visitor Centre
Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park
Khancoban Visitor Centre, on Alpine Way at western entry point to Kosciuszko National Park, is a great place to pick up maps, information and buy a parks pass for your Snowy Mountains adventure.
- Visitor centres
- 2 Scammel Street, Khancoban, NSW, 2642 - in Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- Entry fees
No park entry fees apply at the visitor centre.
- Opening times
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1.30pm to 2pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- Please note
- The visitor centre is located outside the park. Park entry fees apply within areas of Kosciuszko National Park.
- There's a self-serve machine available 24 hours a day to buy day and multi-day park passes.
- There's limited mobile reception in this area of the park.
If you’re planning to explore Kosciuszko National Park, then stop off at Khancoban Visitor Centre in historic Khancoban, near the Victorian border. Here you can get the lowdown on local and park information, ask our friendly staff for advice and tips, and buy your day or annual parks pass.
NSW National Parks products such as books and maps are also available and you’re invited to enjoy the free displays and facilities. Stop in to check on weather conditions and road closures before heading into the park.
Khancoban Visitor Centre is conveniently located on Alpine Way, which links Jindabyne to Khancoban. It's also the starting point for the Khancoban to Kiandra scenic drive (partly closed in winter), past some of the impressive dams of the Snowy Mountains Hydro Scheme, historic huts, and Australia's highest town, Cabramurra.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Southern corroboree frog conservation project
An iconic endangered species, the southern corroboree frog, found only in Kosciuszko National Park, faces the grave threat of extinction. Saving Our Species aims to prevent this from happening by battling chytrid fungus, protecting frog habitat from pests, and fostering a captive breeding program.
- Khancoban Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed 1.30pm to 2pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6070 8400
- 2 Scammel Street, Khancoban NSW 2642
- in the Khancoban area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Khancoban area is open all year, but access along the Khancoban to Cabramurra Road is closed in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Entry passes available from Khancoban Visitor Centre's 24-hour vending machines.
See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass
Things to do (96)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Adventure sports (5)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (6)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (17)
- Educational activities (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (12)
- Horse riding (4)
- Other experiences (3)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (11)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (4)
- Sightseeing (15)
- Snow sports (27)
- Swimming (1)
- Visitor centres (4)
- Walking (40)
- Waterfalls (3)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (14)