Khancoban Visitor Centre
Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Khancoban Visitor Centre.
Getting there and parking
Khancoban Visitor Centre is in the town of Khancoban just outside the south-western entrance of Kosciuszko National Park. The centre is located on the corner of Alpine Way and Scammell Street. To get there
- Take the Murray Valley Highway (B400) for around 155km. Allow 2 hours.
- Follow Kosciuszko Road to the Thredbo turnoff, then continue along Alpine Way for 106km to Khancoban. Allow at least 90mins.
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Bus and car parking is available at Khancoban Visitor Centre, including several designated disabled spots.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Khancoban Visitor Center is fully accessible. Facilities include wheelchair-accessible toilets.
- Khancoban Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily, 7 days a week. Closed 12.30pm to 1pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6070 8400
- 2 Scammel Street, Khancoban NSW 2642
- in the Khancoban area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Khancoban area is open all year, but access along the Khancoban to Cabramurra Road is closed in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Entry passes available from Khancoban Visitor Centre's 24-hour vending machines.Buy annual pass