Applies from Mon 30 Nov 2020, 7.00am to Fri 18 Dec 2020, 8.00pm. Last reviewed: Mon 23 Nov 2020, 11.16am.
Closed areas: Aerial pest control program
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service will be conducting an aerial shooting program from Monday 30 November to Friday 18 December 2020. The program is to assist in the control of pest animals including pigs, deer and wild dogs. No Horses will be targeted in this program.
The affected parks and reserves include:
- Kosciuszko National Park
- Bogandyera Nature Reserve
- Jingellic Nature Reserve
- Clarkes Hill Nature Reserves
Areas targeted in Kosciuszko National Park are:
- Maragle area
- Yellow Bog area, including the Spring Creek area
- Jagungal area and surrounds, Tooma Dam and Emu Plain
- Dargles and Bourkes Gorge area, including the Everards area
- Spring creek and Whisky Flat
- Geehi Walls and Major Clews areas and Section of the BNT that runs along Geehi Walls
- Biggara Valley area, including indi range
The program may be postponed due to unfavourable weather or logistical problems.
Warning signs will be placed at access points into the National Park and Reserves. Please do not enter areas during this time.
For more information, please contact the Khancoban Visitor Centre on 02 6070 8400.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local park office.