Applies from Tue 25 Feb 2020, 10.21am. Last reviewed: Mon 16 Mar 2020, 9.43am.
Closed areas: Roads closed in Kosciuszko National Park
Some roads in Kosciuszko National Park are closed to the public due to damage from recent fire and rain.
The following key roads in Kosciuszko National Park remain closed:
- Alpine Way area:
- Olsens lookout Road
- Geehi Dam Road
- Geehi Walls trail
- Major Clews trail
- Grassy Flats trail
- Murray Gates trail
- Bicentennial trail
- Cabramurra area:
- Link Road from Snowy Mountains Highway to Goat Ridge Road
- Tooma Road - KNP5 (Khancoban to Cabramurra Road) - expected reopening December 2020
- Goats Ridge Road
- Elliot Way - expected reopening May 2021
- Kings Cross Road
- Snowy Mountains Highway area:
- Tantangara Road
- Yarrangobilly Caves Road
- Goobragandra Power Line Road
These roads and trails will remain closed until hazardous trees are treated, debris is removed and repair work is completed.
The following roads in Kosciuszko National Park are open:
- Snowy Mountains Highway - visitors must stay within the road corridor and be aware of hazards such as damaged buildings and burnt trees
- Long Plain Road, Port Phillip trail, Pockets Saddle Road, Blue Waterholes trail (to Cooleman Mountain campground), Broken Cart trail and Dam trail.
- Alpine Way - visitors should visit Live Traffic NSW to confirm status before travel
- Kosciuszko Road - Jindabyne to Charlotte Pass
- Guthega Road - Kosciuszko Road to Guthega Village
- Barry Way - open to the Victorian border