Hill End Pines Cottage
Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Hill End Pines Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Hill End Pines Cottage is in Hill End Historic Site.
To get there from Bathurst (allow 1.5hrs):
- Turn off the Great Western highway onto Gilmour Street at Kelso.
- Follow Sofala Road for around 45km.
- At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site.
- Hill End Pines Cottage is located on the left-hand side on the corner of Hill End Road and High Street.
To get there from Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs):
- Head north, towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway.
- Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site.
- Take a sharp right toward Bathurst and continue along Hill End Road for 1km.
- Hill End Pines Cottage is located on the right-hand side on the corner of Hill End Road and High Street.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
There’s plenty of parking space available at the cottage.
- Bedding configuration: 1 bedroom with 1 queen bed; 1 bedroom with 2 single beds.
- All bed linen, pillows, and towels are provided.
- There are no ensuite bathrooms. The external bathroom has 1 bath with shower, and 1 flush toilet.
- The guest kitchen includes a fridge, electric stovetop, oven, microwave, toaster and kettle. Crockery, glassware and cutlery are provided.
- There are 2 wood-burning heaters, 1 in the dining room and 1 in the sitting room. Firewood is provided.
- The sitting room has a TV. Access to the sitting room is external through the rear verandah.
- Hill End Pines Cottage has 2 verandahs with a gas barbecue and outdoor seating.
- Flush toilets
7 piece outdoor table
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers