Hill End Pines Cottage
Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Hill End Pines Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Hill End Pines Cottage is in Hill End Historic Site.
To get there from Bathurst (allow 1.5hrs):
- Turn off the Great Western highway onto Gilmour Street at Kelso.
- Follow Sofala Road for around 45km.
- At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site.
- Hill End Pines Cottage is located on the left-hand side on the corner of Hill End Road and High Street.
To get there from Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs):
- Head north, towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway.
- Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site.
- Take a sharp right toward Bathurst and continue along Hill End Road for 1km.
- Hill End Pines Cottage is located on the right-hand side on the corner of Hill End Road and High Street.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
There’s plenty of parking space available at the cottage.
- Bedding configuration: 1 bedroom with 1 queen bed; 1 bedroom with 2 single beds.
- There are no ensuite bathrooms. The external bathroom has 1 bath with shower, and 1 flush toilet.
- Access to the sitting room is external through the rear verandah.
- Flush toilets
- Hot showers
7 piece outdoor table.
There are 2 wood-burning heaters, 1 in the dining room and 1 in the sitting room. Firewood is provided.
Fridge, electric stovetop, oven, microwave, toaster and kettle.
Plates and cutlery
Pots and pans
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.