Village walking track
Hill End Historic Site
Take an easy self-guided walk and discover the historic heritage of Hill End on Village walking track.
- Hill End Historic Site
- 2km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs
- Grade 2
- Opening times
- Village walking track is open all year round.
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
Step back in time as you wander the historic streets of Hill End on Village walking track. Pick up a map from the Hill End General Store and take yourself on a self-guided walk to the many historic sites. There are also guided tours available, so if you want to get a more in-depth perspective, ask about Discovery tours.
The great thing about this short walk is that you can start and stop wherever you like. Great Western Store is an excellent place to start, with the historic photographic collection providing an excellent introduction to the history of the area. Or finish at General Store and enjoy picnicking at Bill Lyle Reserve after your walk?
Pop into some of the historic buildings as you stroll along, such as Northeys store, the post office and Royal Hotel. Stop to read the signage along the way, or just close your eyes and imagine what this thriving village would have been like.
Hospital picnic area is in Hill End Historic Site, near Village walking track. It’s a great spot to relax, connect with friends and enjoy a barbecue before you move on to the next art, culture or history attraction.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.