Village walking track
Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Village walking track.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Village walking track is in the central precinct of Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
- Continue driving on Hill End Road into the township, where it becomes Beyers Avenue.
Bus and car parking is available throughout the village.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Hill End Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
With sunny, dry days and crisp evenings, it's a great time of year for a camping holiday at Hill End – head to the Village campground or the larger Glendora campground. You could even sign up as a Campground Host.
Flowers are at their best this time of the year - enjoy cherry blossoms and blooms in the historic cottage gardens.
The winter light is renowned among artists and photographers - you may even get some shots of snow .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
1°C and 15°C
April and May
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- This walk follows sealed roads through the historic village of Hill End.
- Some assistance may be required on sections where the road is uneven or sloping.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850