Village walking track
Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Village walking track.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Village walking track is in the central precinct of Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
- Continue driving on Hill End Road into the township, where it becomes Beyers Avenue.
Bus and car parking is available throughout the village.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Hill End Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
With sunny, dry days and crisp evenings, it's a great time of year for a camping holiday at Hill End – head to the Village campground or the larger Glendora campground. You could even sign up as a Campground Host.
Flowers are at their best this time of the year - enjoy cherry blossoms and blooms in the historic cottage gardens.
The winter light is renowned among artists and photographers - you may even get some shots of snow .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
1°C and 15°C
April and May
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- This walk follows sealed roads through the historic village of Hill End.
- Some assistance may be required on sections where the road is uneven or sloping.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
You can walk your dog at this location. See other regional parks in NSW that have dog walking areas.
- You will need to keep your dog on a leash at all times and remember to pick up after them.
- Dangerous dogs and restricted breed dogs as defined under the Companion Animals Act must be muzzled at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted inside buildings or on tours (other than certified assistance animals).
- Dogs are not allowed within 10m of barbecues, picnic tables and children's playgrounds.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Commercial filming or photography is prohibited without prior consent. You must apply for permission and contact the local office.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.