Bald Hill lookout
Hill End Historic Site
Bald Hill lookout offers stunning views of historic Hill End’s countryside. It’s a short 3km drive from the town centre and offers magnificent sunset moments.
- Hill End Historic Site in Country NSW
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Bald Hill lookout can become boggy when it rains
Bald Hill lookout is about a 3km drive from the Hill End town centre and a great place to relax and enjoy the sunset. Be prepared for gusty winds as you travel up high to the lookout and view over the gorgeous countryside scenery of Hill End.
You might want to bring some blankets to keep yourself warm in cooler months so you can stay and watch the sun set to the west. There is some seating atop the summit, so be sure to bring a hamper to enjoy a picnic with scenic views.
If you’re staying at Glendora campground, this lookout is a short distance from here. And more than likely, you’ll probably see some local kangaroos.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.