Hill End Historic Site
Valentines mine is a short drive from Hill End’s town centre. When you visit, you’ll find out about Australia’s reef mining history.
Valentines mine showcases the beauty of the Australian bushland and the rich history of Hill End Historic Site. It's a short drive from Hill End’s centre and a great day trip from Bathurst or Mudgee.
You'll see some of the oldest mining remnants in Australia. There's a mining water tank and a stamper battery that was used to crush quartz to prepare it for gold separation. These artefacts give a colourful insight into what the mine may have looked like while operating.
After you've seen the mine, have a relaxing picnic in the shade of native cherry trees, surrounded by wildflowers.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.