Hill End Historic Site
Valentines mine is a short drive from Hill End’s town centre. When you visit, you’ll find out about Australia’s reef mining history.
- Historic buildings/places
Valentines mine showcases the beauty of the Australian bushland and the rich history of Hill End Historic Site. It's a short drive from Hill End’s centre and a great day trip from Bathurst or Mudgee.
You'll see some of the oldest mining remnants in Australia. There's a mining water tank and a stamper battery that was used to crush quartz to prepare it for gold separation. These artefacts give a colourful insight into what the mine may have looked like while operating.
After you've seen the mine, have a relaxing picnic in the shade of native cherry trees, surrounded by wildflowers.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.