Bald Hill walking track
Hill End Historic Site
Discover the historic heritage of Hill End on Bald Hill walking track. With great birdwatching, native animals and wildflowers, this easy walk has something for everyone.
- Hill End Historic Site
- 4km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Snakes can be seen around this area during the warmer months, so please keep alert and be careful while walking.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Bald Hill walking track is an easy walk that meanders through open woodlands, past the historic relics of old mine workings. Situated in Hill End Historic Site, this scenic loop walk begins on Reef Street and offers an insight into the working conditions of the miners.
Along the way, you’ll pass the remains of old mines, stamper batteries and dams. For a longer walk, choose to combine it with a Hill End village tour. If you want to experience what life was like underground for the miners, why not go on a tour of the nearby Bald Hill Mine?
In spring, the bush is a blaze of colour, with native plant life as well as fruit trees in flower. If you enjoy birdwatching, look out for the bright colours of king parrots, rosellas, grass parrots, finches and wrens darting about in the bush.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.