Hill End Historic Site
Denningtons Cottage is a heritage miner’s cottage built in 1858 in Hill End, and now home to ceramic artist studio.
- Historic buildings/places
- 12 Thomas Street, Hill End, NSW, 2850 - in Hill End Historic Site in Country NSW
- Please note
If you’re visiting La Paloma Pottery please call ahead.
Denningtons Cottage was constructed in 1858 and is part of the department's Conservation Lease Program, where members of the public submit proposals to conserve the property in exchange for a long term lease.
This property is Denningtons Cottage is a quaint historical house of Hill End that has become a haven for ceramic artists. Originally built in 1858 as a miner’s cottage, it withstands as a historical snapshot of the living conditions of those seeking their fortune during the gold rush period of the late 1800s.
Today, visitors are welcome to view the pottery ceramic artworks which are shown here, but it’s best to call ahead. La Paloma Pottery, meaning dove in Spanish, is a charming workshop producing fine ceramics and pottery.
Privately leased by La Paloma Pottery and the potter often welcomes visitors to view his work.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (21)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (2)
- Cafes and kiosks (3)
- Educational activities (1)
- Historic heritage (19)
- Other experiences (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (3)