Hill End Historic Site
Northeys offers an historic insight into the Hill End village. In the heart of Hill End, it’s great for camping, fossicking gear and booking a Bald Hill Mine tour. Accommodation is also available.
- Historic buildings/places
- Hill End Historic Site
- Opening times
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 11am to 4pm
- During public holidays and NSW school holidays, open 7 days, 10am to 4pm.
- Closed Christmas Day and Anzac Day
- For information outside these hours, call 0407 187 275.
- Please note
Northeys has a luxury 1st floor, 1 bedroom holiday apartment available for 1 to 2 adults. A ‘Pop Up’ shop – an ideal gallery location – is also available for short term rental. For more information, email or call Gaye or Jim Shanahan on 0407 187 275.
Step inside Northeys Store to get a glimpse into the past. Just like it was during the gold rush, it’s a busy retail outlet providing supplies to campers and fossickers, including local gold, preserves and unique gifts, games and fishing licences. You can book for a Bald Hill Mine tour here too.
This two-storey brick building, with its corrugated roof and verandah, is just one of the many historic sites you can visit as you wander around Hill End along Village walking track. It offers an insight into the daily life of this once-bustling town and a reminder of the wealth generated during the gold rush.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.