Eagles Nest walking track
New England National Park
See the best that the park has to offer in just a few hours on the Eagles Nest walking track. Experience World Heritage rainforest, snow gum forest and outstanding views.
- New England National Park
- 2.2km loop
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Eagles Nest walking track takes you on a journey though World Heritage rainforest and snow gum forest, with outstanding views along the way.
Climb down into the ageless world of Gondwana rainforest. Marvel at the huge mossy Antarctic beech trees covered in fungus and dotted with beech orchids. You’ll see water trickling from the rocks, often freezing and forming chandeliers of ice that glisten in the winter light.
Climb back up to the escarpment near Banksia Point and return to Point lookout through the snow gum woodland. Look out for the brilliantly coloured crimson rosellas as you wander through the forest. In spring, you’ll be treated to the beauty of snow gum woodland carpeted with snowgrass tussocks and colourful wildflowers.
Finish with the breathtaking views from Point lookout, knowing what incredible natural wonders lie in the wilderness below.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in New England National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
New England National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.