Banksia Point picnic area
New England National Park
Banksia Point picnic area, in New England National Park, is a great place to have a cuppa surrounded by the sounds of the resident superb lyrebirds.
- Picnic areas
- 1316 Point Lookout Road, Ebor, NSW, 2453 - in New England National Park
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to bring your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Banksia Point picnic area is a pleasant, grassy picnic area nestled in the forest. It's conveniently located near a trackhead that leads to walking opportunities out along and below the escarpment edge. From here, you can head off on Lyrebird walking track. You could also take the one hour Banksia Point circuit and return via Tree Fern Valley.
This pretty picnic area is a popular place to enjoy a meal, for both bushwalkers and campers staying at the nearby cabin accommodation. There's space to kick a ball around or toss a frisbee, and a sheltered picnic spot with an elevated woodfire barbecue.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in New England National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
New England National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.