Banksia Point picnic area
New England National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Banksia Point picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Banksia Point is in the Point lookout precinct of New England National Park. It is 1km south of Point lookout.
To get there by car:
- Turn onto Point Lookout Road from Waterfall Way, halfway between Armidale and Dorrigo.
- Continue for approximately 13km
- Turn right at the sign to Banksia Point, 1km before Point lookout.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking available at Banksia Point picnic area.
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so bring ample water with you.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453