Tea Tree Falls walking track
New England National Park
Roam through eucalypt forest and beneath hanging moss on Tea Tree Falls walking track, linking Thungutti campground and Toms Cabin in New England National Park.
- New England National Park
- 4km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 15min - 1hr 45min
- Grade 3
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
It’s easy to imagine you’ve wandered into a prehistoric forest on Tea Tree Falls walking track. Brown barrel eucalypts tower above you, while honeyeaters call from the understorey of banksia and tea tree.
Approaching Toms Cabin, you walk through a patch of Antarctic beech with hanging moss dripping from its branches. Here, near the headwaters of Styx River, the damp conditions prove excellent territory for other types of moss, including tall moss, which grows to 25cm, and sphagnum moss.
Tea Tree Falls walking track is one of the easiest tracks in this part of New England National Park, and is suitable for all walkers. It links Thungutti campground and Toms Cabin. For those who want to do a longer hike, it also joins Lyrebird walk and Eagles Nest walking track.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in New England National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
New England National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.