Tea Tree Falls walking track
New England National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Tea Tree Falls walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 15min - 1hr 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Tea Tree Falls walking track is in the Point lookout precinct of New England National Park. To get there:
- Halfway between Armidale and Dorrigo on Waterfall Way, turn onto Point Lookout Road.
- Continue for approximately 11km
- Turn left to start the walk at Thungutti campground or continue 1km to Toms Cabin
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in New England National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the fresh air walking during the day, and cosy nights by the fire at Toms Cabin.
Climb up to Wrights lookout and see the colourful display of wildflowers.
Immerse yourself in the cool air and vibrant green of the Antarctic beech rainforest covered in moss.
Discover the spectacular icicles and frozen rock faces along the Weeping Rock walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 24°C
1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Toilets are available at Thungutti campground, as are barbecues and picnic tables.
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453