Wombeyan Waterfall walking track
Country NSW, Sydney and surrounds
Park closed for upgrades
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is closed until 31 August 2023 while we upgrade facilities in this park. Find out more about the improvements underway at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
Wombeyan Waterfall walking track is a beautiful 4km walk with spectacular waterfall views, suitable for the whole family.
- Southern Blue Mountains area in Blue Mountains National Park, Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in Sydney and surrounds, Country NSW
- 4km loop
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Opening times
Wombeyan Waterfall walking track is:
- Open daily, 9am to 4pm.
- Closed Christmas Day
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes, snacks
Wander along under the shade of tall gum trees, alongside vibrant green ferns and witness the majestic beauty of this stunning waterfall, just near Wombeyan Caves.
After a delightful walk you’ll arrive at the waterfall. It’s beautiful all year round but particularly magnificent after high rainfall. Be sure to bring your camera as well as drinking water and some snacks to enjoy.
Wombeyan Waterfall walking track is suitable for the whole family, and there’s plenty of local wildlife to see along the way. It’s easy to spot lyrebirds and wallabies in the distance on the trail. If you enjoy birdwatching, remember to bring your binoculars for a close up view.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- in the Southern Blue Mountains area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and Country NSW regions
Southern Blue Mountains area is always open but some locations may close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (16)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (2)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Other experiences (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Show cave tours (8)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (6)
- Waterfalls (2)