Wombeyan picnic area
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Wombeyan picnic area is a shady spot for lunch during a day exploring the caves at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
- Picnic areas
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Your lunch guests could be some friendly kangaroos at Wombeyan picnic area. Set by Wombeyan Creek and shaded by towering she-oaks, it’s a lovely spot to take a break while you’re exploring the caves and spectacular landscape in the area.
Bring your own supplies for the barbecues, or grab a snack and some drinks at the kiosk in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve Visitor Centre, where you can also buy tickets for cave tours.
Victoria Arch is just a five-minute walk away, or you could follow Mares Forest Creek walking track, where you can have a swim on the way to Tinted Cave.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.