Fig Tree Cave
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Wombeyan Caves Road closed
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve will remain closed as it is inaccessible while the local Council repairs flood damage along Wombeyan Caves Road from both directions. The road is now closed from both Mittagong and Taralga. Find out more about the improvements underway at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
Be sure to take a self-guided tour of the impressive Fig Tree Cave while you’re at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve. The cave decorations are a sight to see.
- Show caves
Adult $20 per person. Child/pensioner $13 per person. Senior $17 per person. Family $50 (2 adults and children aged up to 16 years). Multi-cave passes are available.
- Opening times
Fig Tree Cave is open 9am to 4pm daily. Closed on Christmas Day
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Visitors are requested to leave the cave by 4.15pm.
- The cave is accessed by a token-operated door, a short walk from the visitor centre.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please take care.
- It's a good idea to take a jumper with you because the temperature is cooler inside the cave.
Be inspired by your journey through this magnificent show cave. You can set your own pace on a self-guided tour. Pause as often as you like to take in the awesome cave formations that surround you the entire way.
The carefully placed lighting means you won’t miss a thing – look out for stalactites, stalagmites, helictites, cave coral and other beautiful cave decorations. The cool cave air will make you feel like you’ve stepped into another world, and the information you’ll discover along the way means you’ll leave a cave expert.
The tour finishes with a stroll through the magnificent Victoria Arch. This colourful daylit cavern is one of the largest chambers at Wombeyan Caves. Look out for rare rock formations that resemble the tails of crayfish as you pass through the final chamber of Fig Tree Cave.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.