Fig Tree Cave
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Fire affected area
Some areas of this park were affected by fire in 2019/2020. You’ll notice some changes to the landscape, as well as signs of recovery. Some areas may remain closed for longer to allow habitat to recover or because we’re repairing park infrastructure. Stay safe with these after-fire tips for visitors.
Our caves remain closed until further notice due to the impact of recent bushfires and flooding. We're completing critical maintenance of the caves to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
- Show caves
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Self-guided entry is $20 per adult, $13 child/pensioner, $17 seniors, $50 family (2 adults and children aged up to 16 years). Multi-cave passes available.
- Opening times
Fig Tree Cave is open 9am-4pm daily. Closed on Christmas Day
- What to
- Sturdy shoes
- Please note
- Prices for cave entry and passes are subject to change.
- You can make the most of your entry fees by combining a tour of Fig Tree Cave with one of the other show caves in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve, with the Discovery Pass or Explorer Pass.
- The cave is accessed by a token-operated door, a short walk from the visitor centre.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please take care.
- It’s a good idea to take a jumper with you because the temperature is cooler inside the cave
- It's about 1.2km from the kiosk, through the cave, and back to the kiosk, and takes about 1.5 hours.
Be sure to take the self-guided tour of the impressive Fig Tree Cave while you’re at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve. The cave decorations are a sight to see.
Be inspired by your journey through this magnificent show cave. On a self-guided tour you can set your own pace and stop as often as you like. You can pause to take in the awesome cave formations surrounding you the whole way.
The carefully placed lighting means you won’t miss a thing – look out for the stalactites and stalagmites, the helictites and cave coral, and other beautiful cave decorations. The cool cave air will make you feel like you’ve stepped into another world, and the information you’ll discover along the way means you’ll leave a cave expert.
Kui Kiosk, in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve, offers a variety of food as well as tickets and tourist information for cave tours.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.