Fig Tree Cave
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Park closed for upgrades
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is closed until 31 January 2023 while we upgrade facilities in this park. Find out more about the improvements underway at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
Be sure to take the self-guided tour of the impressive Fig Tree Cave while you’re at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve. The cave decorations are a sight to see.
- Show caves
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in Country NSW
Self-guided entry is $20 per adult, $13 child/pensioner, $17 seniors, $50 family (2 adults and children aged up to 16 years). Multi-cave passes available.
- Opening times
Fig Tree Cave is open 9am-4pm daily. Closed on Christmas Day
- What to
- Sturdy shoes
- Please note
- Last ticket sales are 3pm. Visitors are requested to leave the cave by 4.15 pm
- Prices for cave entry and passes are subject to change.
- The cave is accessed by a token-operated door, a short walk from the visitor centre.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please take care.
- It's a good idea to take a jumper with you because the temperature is cooler inside the cave
- It's about 1.2km to walk from the kiosk, through the cave, and back to the kiosk. It takes about 1.5 hours.
Be inspired by your journey through this magnificent show cave. On a self-guided tour you can set your own pace and stop as often as you like. You can pause to take in the awesome cave formations surrounding you the whole way.
The carefully placed lighting means you won’t miss a thing – look out for the stalactites and stalagmites, the helictites and cave coral, and other beautiful cave decorations. The cool cave air will make you feel like you’ve stepped into another world, and the information you’ll discover along the way means you’ll leave a cave expert.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.