Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Explore the shining decorations and beautiful colour variations during a guided tour of Mulwaree Cave.
- Show caves
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Entry to Mulwaree Cave is by guided tour only. $22 per adult, $17 child/pensioner, $20 seniors, $55 family (2 adults and children up to age 16). Multi-cave passes available.
- Opening times
Tours of Mulwaree Cave are offered by prior arrangement or on long weekends only.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes
- Contact Wombeyan Caves office to book a guided tour.
- Please note
- Prices for cave entry and passes are subject to change.
- Combine your tour of Mulwaree Cave with one of the other show caves in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve with the Discovery Pass or Explorer Pass.
- The cave has 226 steps
- Even during summer, conditions in the cave can be cool and damp, so please bring a jumper.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please wear sturdy shoes and take care.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Making up one of the upper levels of expansive Wollondilly Cave, Mulwaree Cave, accessible only during a guided tour, is one of Wombeyan’s most spectacular caves. The colour variations seen on the walls, the shining wax-like decorations, and the stalactites along the pathway are incredibly striking.
The cave itself is 200m long, and there are quite a number of steps to negotiate during the one-hour guided tour, so please be well-prepared for your visit.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.