Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Park closed for upgrades
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is closed until 31 January 2023. There's no public access while we upgrade and improve facilities in this park.
Explore the shining decorations and beautiful colour variations on this a guided tour of Mulwaree Cave in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
- Show caves
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Entry to Mulwaree Cave is by guided tour only. $22 per adult, $17 child/pensioner, $20 seniors, $55 family (2 adults and children up to age 16). Multi-cave passes available.
- Opening times
Tours of Mulwaree Cave are offered by prior arrangement or on long weekends only.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes
- Contact Wombeyan Caves office to book a guided tour.
- Please note
- Prices for cave entry and passes are subject to change.
- Combine your tour of Mulwaree Cave with one of the other show caves in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve with the Discovery Pass or Explorer Pass.
- The cave has 226 steps
- Even during summer, conditions in the cave can be cool and damp, so please bring a jumper.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please wear sturdy shoes and take care.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Making up one of the upper levels of expansive Wollondilly Cave, Mulwaree Cave, accessible only during a guided tour, is one of Wombeyan’s most spectacular caves. The colour variations seen on the walls, the shining wax-like decorations, and the stalactites along the pathway are incredibly striking.
The cave itself is 200m long, and there are quite a number of steps to negotiate during the one-hour guided tour, so please be well-prepared for your visit.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.