Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Wombeyan Caves Road closed
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve will remain closed as it is inaccessible while the local Council repairs flood damage along Wombeyan Caves Road from both directions. The road is now closed from both Mittagong and Taralga. Find out more about the improvements underway at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
A trip to Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the impressive Wollondilly Cave. Take in the stunning features of this unique cave on a guided tour.
- Show caves
- No wheelchair access
- 1.5km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min
- Medium. Suitable for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult. A moderate level of fitness is required for this tour. This cave has a steep entrance, narrow passages and 6 stairways with 500 steps.
Adult $24 per person. Child/pensioner $19 per person. Senior $22 per person. Family $60 (2 adults and children aged up to 16 years). Multi-cave passes are available.
- Opening times
Tours run most days. Dates and times are displayed when making an online booking.
- Meeting point
- Wattle Hill
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, suitable clothing
- Please note
- There is a moderately steep, 500m gravel path to the cave entrance.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please take care.
- The temperature in the cave is approximately 15 degrees all year round.
- Food is not permitted inside the cave.
- The cave is not suitable for prams.
Journey into a mystical underworld on a guided tour through Wollondilly Cave. It’s the longest, most varied cave in the Wombeyan Caves network and stretches across an incredible 5 levels.
Learn about transformations that have taken place over millions of years inside the cave as you explore pathways created by free-flowing streams. The cave walls will come alive before your eyes, sparkling throughout its 5 major chambers. Don’t forget to use the flash on your camera to capture the stalactites, stalagmites and other fascinating cave formations you’ll see along the way.
Discover shining decorations and beautiful colour variations on a guided tour of Mulwaree Cave in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
The beautifully decorated Kooringa Cave in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is sure to impress. Bring your camera to capture its striking shapes and formations on a guided tour.
Be sure to take a self-guided tour of the impressive Fig Tree Cave while you’re at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve. The cave decorations are a sight to see.
Head to Kui Kiosk to learn about the experiences on offer at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.