Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Fire affected area
Some areas of this park were affected by fire in 2019/2020. You’ll notice some changes to the landscape, as well as signs of recovery. Some areas may remain closed for longer to allow habitat to recover or because we’re repairing park infrastructure. Stay safe with these after-fire tips for visitors.
Cave tours have been cancelled until further notice to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff. Visit the impressive Wollondilly Cave at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve. You can take a guided tour to find out more about cave geology.
- Show caves
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Entry to Wollondilly is by guided tour only. $24 per adult, $19 child/pensioner, $22 seniors, $60 family (2 adults and children up to age 16). Multi-cave passes available.
- Opening times
- Guided tours available daily at 1pm
- On weekends, guided tours are available at 10.30am and at 1pm
- Closed on 24 and 25 December.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes
- Contact Wombeyan Caves office to book a guided tour.
- Please note
- Prices for cave entry and passes are subject to change.
- Combine your tour of Wollondilly Cave with one of the other show caves in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve with the Discovery Pass or Explorer Pass.
- The cave has 500 steps and is narrow in places.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please take care and wear sturdy shoes.
- It’s a good idea to take a jumper with you because the temperature is cooler inside the cave
Let yourself be taken into a mystical underworld on a guided tour through Wollondilly Cave. It is the longest and most varied cave in the Wombeyan Caves network and stretches across an incredible five levels.
The cave walls will come alive before your eyes, sparkling throughout the five major chambers. It’s remarkable to think that the pathways through the cave were created by free-flowing streams and that the cave has been undergoing transformations for millions of years. Don’t forget to use the flash on your camera to capture the fascinating cave formations like stalactites and stalagmites you’ll see along the way.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.