Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Wombeyan Caves Road closed
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve will remain closed as it is inaccessible while the local Council repairs flood damage along Wombeyan Caves Road from both directions. The road is now closed from both Mittagong and Taralga. Find out more about the improvements underway at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
The beautifully decorated Kooringa Cave in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is sure to impress. Bring your camera to capture its striking shapes and formations on a guided tour.
- Show caves
Entry to Kooringa Cave is by guided tour only. Adult $24 per person. Child/pensioner $19 per person. Senior $22 per person. Family $60 (2 adults and children aged up to 16 years). Multi-cave passes are available.
- Opening times
Kooringa Cave is open by prior booking and on long weekends. Closed on Christmas Day.
- What to
- Drinking water, sturdy shoes, suitable clothing
- Contact Wombeyan Caves office to book a guided tour.
- Please note
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please take care.
- It's a good idea to take a jumper with you because the temperature is cooler inside the cave.
Leave the hustle and bustle of everyday life behind as you discover the spectacular underground world of Kooringa Cave. Marvel at impressive stalactites and stalagmites formed over millions of years on your guided tour through this cave.
It may be one of the smallest show caves at Wombeyan, but Kooringa Cave is one of the most ornately decorated, and well worth a visit.
First opened to the public in 1875, this striking single-chamber cave contains many pristine white columns and contrasting, iron-rich draperies. The formations make for outstanding photography, so be sure to bring your camera.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- 41 Victoria Arch Drive, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.