Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Let your imagination run wild as you explore Junction Cave in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve. Full of spectacular colours, this underground world is perfect for a family day out.
- Show caves
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Entry to Junction Cave is by guided tour only. $24 per adult, $19 child/pensioner, $22 seniors, $60 family (2 adults and children up to age 16). Multi-cave passes available.
- Opening times
Guided tours are available at 2.30pm on weekends and during school holidays. Closed on Christmas Day.
- What to
- Drinking water, sturdy shoes
- Contact Wombeyan Caves office to book a guided tour.
- Please note
- Prices for cave entry and passes are subject to change.
- Combine your tour of Junction Cave with one of the other show caves in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve with the Discovery Pass or Explorer Pass.
Junction Cave was officially 'discovered' in 1897 and opened to the public in 1906. The cave was completely refurbished for its centenary in 1997, yet the unique formations of stalactites and stalagmites you’ll see here have been created over millions of years. Junction Cave is renowned for its rich colours, spectacular shawls and flowstones. The Junction has 350 steps.
Visiting Junction Cave is just a short walk, yet one that will amaze you. Enter this spectacular underground world and surround yourself with the rich colours, spectacular shawls and flowstones of this beautiful show cave.
After your tour of Junction Cave, why not head back to the visitor centre and enjoy a relaxing picnic amongst the beautiful bushland that surrounds Wombeyan Karst?
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- Wombeyan Caves office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4843 5976
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve, Wombeyan Caves NSW 2580
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.