Applies from Fri 7 Oct 2022, 4.00pm to Mon 10 Oct 2022, 4.00pm. Last reviewed: Fri 7 Oct 2022, 12.03pm
Closed areas: Gan Gan 4WD entry temporarily closed - no beach front driving
Due to current weather conditions, beach driving is temporarily closed until Monday 10 October 2022 in the Worimi Conservation Lands, from the Gan Gan Road entry at Anna Bay to the Lavis Lane entry at Williamtown. This is for visitor safety and to protect cultural sites. Large swell combined with high tides has made the beach front impassable for all vehicles.
The Gan Gan 4WD entry at Anna Bay is temporarily closed to all vehicles.
The following areas are open:
- Lavis Lane entry
- Fern Bay entry
- Ganyamalbaa campground
- Recreational Vehicle Area
- Look out for soft sand, erosion, wash outs and drop offs.
- Do not attempt to traverse the beach front at this time and, for safety, avoid driving through sea water or large pools of water. Driving conditions can change rapidly. Several vehicles on this beach have ended up in the ocean or swamped by water.
- If in doubt, turn around and back track on the route you've driven, to exit the park.
- Check conditions before arriving, and if in doubt save your visit for another day.
- Do not drive over the frontal dune or any vegetation. Fines apply.
Staff will monitor conditions and reopen the beach for driving when the situation improves.
For more information contact the NPWS office at Nelson Bay on 02 4984 8200, during business hours, 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Affects 2 parks nearby.