Applies from Tue 6 Dec 2022, 6.00am to Fri 9 Dec 2022, 5.00pm. Last reviewed: Fri 2 Dec 2022, 12.55pm
Closed areas: Partial areas of Tomaree NP closed for aerial operations
Aerial operations for the Tomaree Coastal walk will be from December 6 to December 9 2022. This will be helicopter operationsa to support the ongoing delivery of the Tomaree Coastal Walk will take place along several sections of the Tomaree Coastal Walk including:
- One Mile
- Boat Harbour
- Kingsley to Little Kingsley Beach
- Iris Moore to Fishermans Bay
- Big Rocky
- Middle Rock
The following closures will be enforced for the duration of the helicopter operations:
- One Mile Track between the southern end of One Mile Beach and the ‘Morna Point Trail’ junction. An exclusion zone may be enforced by NPWS staff at the southern end of One Mile Beach during aerial operations.
- New Boat Harbour Track south of the Depot Track junction
- Kingsley Beach and Little Kingsley Beach
- Iris Moore Reserve
- Fisherman's Bay past the entry gate at the southern end of Pacific Drive
- Big Rocky precinct past the 2wd carpark.
- The new Middle Rock track section between One Mile Beach and Samurai Beach – exclusion zones may be enforced by NPWS staff at the northern end of One Mile Beach and the Southern end of Samurai Beach during the aerial operations.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the NPWS office in Nelson Bay on 02 4984 8200
Affects 1 park and 3 locations nearby.