Applies from Mon 26 Apr 2021, 3.15pm to Mon 11 Oct 2021, 3.16pm. Last reviewed: Fri 17 Sep 2021, 3.49pm.
Other planned events: Snow Season 2021 – Kosciuszko National Park
Activities on offer
Kosciuszko National Park (KNP) remains open to those who can legally access KNP under the Public Health Orders. Check with resorts and commercial venues for updates. Some NSW snow resorts have recommenced ski lift operations after the stay-at-home orders were lifted in the Snowy Monaro LGA on Thursday 16 September 2021.
COVID-19 public advice
- All visitors must observe and follow all Public Health Orders and COVID-19 rules.
- If the quantity or actions of visitors in an area of Kosciuszko National Park make it difficult to maintain physical distance and comply with current Public Health Orders, visitors must leave the area immediately.
- NPWS will monitor the situation with COVID-19 and may need to implement changes or restrictions if the situation or Public Health Orders change during the 2021 snow season.
- Plan ahead and check with resorts and other venues about COVID-19 restrictions and any venue capacity or booking requirements.
- Be responsible for your safety. Stay well clear of roads, maintain physical distance, comply with Public Health Orders, park safely and in accordance with road safety signage.
- Be aware of increased heavy vehicle movements associated with Snowy 2.0 on Snowy Mountains Highway and Link Road. Exercise caution.
- If parking outside of designated carparks, make sure the area is safe, with ample sight distances in both directions.
- Tobogganing immediately adjacent to roadsides or near resort infrastructure can be dangerous.
- Backcountry activities should only be undertaken by those who have the appropriate equipment and skills. Carry a Personal Locator Beacon. NPWS recommends being safely guided by a licensed tour operator. Refer to the NPWS website for alpine safety information.
Park access and carparking
- All public carparks throughout Kosciuszko National Park are operating as per previous snow seasons. Parking spaces cannot be reserved, regardless of the activity you will undertake.
- As always, temporary road closures or traffic restrictions may be implemented to manage safety on roads. Plan ahead and keep abreast of relevant alerts on ski resort website pages and at Live Traffic NSW.
- Due to limited coach and bus parking, groups wishing to visit the resorts should contact resort operators to make a booking.