Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Thredbo Resort.
Getting there and parking
Thredbo Resort is in the Perisher-Thredbo area of Kosciuszko National Park.
To get there from Jindabyne:
- Leave Jindabyne on Kosciuszko Road
- Turn left onto Alpine Way after 3km
- On entering Kosciuszko National Park, continue along Alpine Way for another 13km until you reach the village.
To get there from Khancoban:
- Head south on Alpine Way and follow for 74km
- You can turn left onto Banjo Drive which will take you into Thredbo Village, or continue along Alpine Way 1.5km
- Turn left onto Friday Drive and continue into the centre of the village.
Winter road accessSnow chains:
It’s compulsory for all 2WD vehicles to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Island Bend/Guthega Road for its full length
The Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather.
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Parking is available at Thredbo Resort, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is also available. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
NSW TrainLink Regional train and coach services run between Sydney and Cooma, Jindabyne and Bombala, via Canberra, with additional services between Sydney and Tumut and Tumbarumba, via Cootamundra. For more information on public transport to and around the Snowy Mountains check Transport NSW.
Thredbo Resort offers a range of accommodation with amenities to suit all ages and budgets. You'll also find shops, hire gear, cafes, bars and restaurants, ATM, the Thredbo Leisure Centre, golf course, tennis courts, the Thredbo Bobsled (summer only) and more.
- Flush toilets
Thredbo resort has a range of cafes and restaurants, check the Thredbo website for more information.
Maps and downloads
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Single and Multi-Day passes are also available via the Park'nPay app. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter).
Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information.Buy annual pass