Snowy Region Visitor Centre
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Snowy Region Visitor Centre, in Jindabyne, is a great place for visitors to get information, brochures, maps and park entry passes before heading into Kosciuszko National Park.
- Visitor centres
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- Entry fees
No park entry fees apply at the visitor centre.
- Opening times
8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- Please note
- The visitor centre is located outside the park. Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road.
- If you're planning a long hike or visiting a remote part of Kosciuszko National Park, drop into the visitor centre to complete a trip intention form and hire a PLB.
The Snowy Region Visitor Centre is a welcome stop on the drive from Canberra before entering Kosciuszko National Park.
Staff can help with accommodation in or around the park, advice on the best things to see and do while you’re in the Snowy Mountains, and the latest conditions or closures. There are plenty of brochures to help you plan your Kosciuszko adventure, or buy books, gifts or souvenirs from the shop. You can also pick up a national parks pass that covers entry fees into Kosciuszko, as well as topographic maps and personal locator beacon hire.
Find out more about the park, the landscape, history, Aboriginal heritage and wildlife - spot a corroboree frog in the visitor centre's display. There’s also a small gallery with local art exhibitions, the Parc Cafe for refreshments and a the Snowy Mountains Cinema for those staying in Jindabyne.
Are you planning a bushwalk, going somewhere remote or where the weather is extreme? Stay safe by planning your trip for all conditions and telling someone about it.
Looking for access-friendly walks? NSW National Parks is pleased to provide all-terrain mobility chairs for visitors at Royal National Park, Morton National Park and Kosciuszko National Park.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass