Immerse yourself in Byron's beautiful beaches, ocean adventures and relaxed lifestyle on this 3-day escape. To start your journey of coastal discovery, head to Cape Byron State Conservation Area. This is your chance to see all of Byron's big coastal attractions - from the heritage lighthouse on Australia's easternmost cape to the white beaches which boast some of the country's best surf breaks.
Kayak with dolphins, join a whale-watching tour or just be zen on a rainforest-fringed beach. Byron Bay has a diverse range of accommodation and its thriving gourmet culture is on show at the many beachfront restaurants and cafes. With its natural splendour and new-age vibe, you'll soon see why Byron is a mecca for surfers, sea-changers, hippies, healers, artists and eco-warriors alike.
- Regular flights land in the Ballina and Gold Coast airports (30 minutes and 60 minutes from Byron Bay respectively)
- Byron Bay is approximately 9 hours drive north of Sydney or 2 hours drive south of Brisbane
- The nearest train station is in Casino with a bus service to Byron Bay. Please visit NSW TrainLink for timetables, fares and online bookings.
- Most bus companies located on the east coast of Australia have regular services to Byron Bay.
- For up-to-date weather forecasts, please visit the Bureau of Meteorology website.