Assistant Lighthouse Keepers' Cottages
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
The heritage-listed Assistant Lighthouse Keepers' Cottages at Byron Bay feature stunning coastal views. They’re a great choice for a weekend getaway or longer holiday.
|Where||193-195 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481 - in Cape Byron State Conservation Area|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, drinking water, showers, toilets, electric power|
Park entry fees are not required to access the cottages.
|Bookings||Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757|
Check in 1.30pm, check out 9.30am. Hourly fees may apply for late check outs.
Ever dreamed of living in a lighthouse? Now you can get a taste of it with a holiday in the award-winning Assistant Lighthouse Keepers' Cottages in Cape Byron Conservation Area. With Byron Bay just a short drive away, or a half hour walk, it’s a perfect place for a coastal getaway with family or friends.
Lots of accommodation in Byron Bay boasts spectacular views and these cottages are no exception, featuring an almost panoramic view that takes in golden beaches, dramatic coastline and the iconic lighthouse. Although popular with visitors during the day, when the sun goes down, you’ll have the area all to yourself. Sunrise over the ocean is a spectacular sight and well worth waking up for, at least once on your holiday.
The cottages have been lovingly restored to retain their heritage charm, with the addition of modern conveniences to ensure you holiday in style. After a day of swimming, walking and exploring cook up a feast and toast the lighthouse keepers of days gone by.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
NSW National Parks first recorded The Pass midden in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in 1980. And, in 2013, ancient archaeological midden material was repatriated and displayed on Country. Today, along with our Aboriginal community partners, NPWS works to protect The Pass midden, both now and into the future.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Byron Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6639 8300
- 22 Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Coin-operated and credit card payment available.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass