Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Take in spectacular views over Byron Bay while you sip a coffee or enjoy a light meal at Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe. It’s the perfect spot to relax after exploring the Cape Byron Lighthouse area.
- Cafes and kiosks
- 201 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481 - in Cape Byron State Conservation Area
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at the Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct carpark
- Opening times
Cape Byron Lighthouse cafe is open 9am–5pm daily, including Christmas Day (limited menu).
- Please note
- The cafe serves light refreshments only. All produce is locally sourced.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe is located next to Cape Byron Information Centre.
Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe is a great place to enjoy a light meal or refreshment with a picturesque backdrop. Sitting on Australia's most easterly point, the cafe boasts panoramic views over Byron Bay, Julian Rocks and the majestic peak of Wollumbin (Mount Warning). It's also a great vantage point to see the historic Cape Byron Lighthouse.
Stop by the popular cafe to rest your legs after walking up the hill from Wategos Beach. Grab a coffee with a view before hiking Cape Byron walking track. Or, enjoy morning tea after climbing Cape Byron Lighthouse.
The undercover deck, provides unrivalled views over Byron Bay, making it a great spot to watch the sun set. Sightings of turtles, dolphins and humpback whales on their annual migration are common, so don’t forget to bring your binoculars.
Cap off your visit with an overnight stay at the heritage-listed Assistant Lighthouse Keepers’ Cottage. If you’re up early enough, you’ll enjoy the spectacular sight of the sunrise over the ocean.
Things to do:
Cape Byron Information Centre is the place to find visitor information for Cape Byron State Conservation Area, Cape Byron Marine Park and surrounding national parks in the Byron Bay area.
Download the app and discover the magic of the Cape on your own. 'Around the Cape' starts at Captain Cook lookout and passes rainforest, rocky shore and beach before winding up at the lighthouse and returning via sheltered forest.
- Cape Byron Information Centre
- 9.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6639 8300
- 199 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay NSW 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass