Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe.
Getting there and parking
Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe is 2km east of the Byron Bay town centre. To get there take Lawson Street, which becomes Lighthouse Road, and follow to the carpark at the end.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available next to Cape Byron Information Centre. Fees apply. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders. It can be a busy place on most days, so parking might be limited.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe
- 0459 663 658
- 201 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $30 per coach up to 30 seats; $57 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $94 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass