Minyon Falls walking track
Nightcap National Park
Popular with visitors to the Byron Bay area, Minyon Falls walking track leads through rainforest to a scenic waterfall in Nightcap National Park, in northern NSW.
- Nightcap National Park
- 13km return
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water, sturdy shoes, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Please note there is no public access within 100m of the top of Minyon Falls.
- This walk is in a remote location an weather can be unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared, bring appropriate clothing and equipment, and advise a family member or friend of your travel plans.
Minyon Falls walking track offers the opportunity to experience a range of forests, pristine creeks and a spectacular waterfall in Nightcap National Park. Winding through Nightcap escarpment, in northern NSW, this beautiful track will challenge and delight bushwalking fans in equal measure.
Leading through dense rainforest, be sure to lookout for the spectacular stand of old-growth brushbox trees on the western side of Repentance Creek. Stop for a tranquil picnic lunch along the fern-lined creeks.
Choose to start this track from either of the picnic areas at Minyon Falls. The track links to Boggy Creek walk, which leads north to Rummery Park campground, in neighbouring Whian Whian State Conservation Area.
Spark up one of the free gas barbecues at Minyon Grass picnic area. With its picnic tables and beautiful views of cascading falls and the surrounding forest, this low key spot is a little quieter than the popular picnic spot at Minyon Falls lookout.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Nightcap National Park in the North Coast region
Nightcap National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Alstonville office
02 6627 0200
Contact hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch, 12pm to 1pm.
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alstonville office