Minyon Falls walking track
Nightcap National Park
Minyon Falls upgrades in 2021
Minyon Falls area is currently closed while we upgrade and improve the facilities available for you in 2021. Find out more about the planned upgrades by checking the Minyon Falls Master Plan.
Popular with visitors to the Byron Bay area, Minyon Falls walking track leads through rainforest to a scenic waterfall in Nightcap National Park, in northern NSW.
- Nightcap National Park
- 13km return
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water, sturdy shoes, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Please note there is no public access within 100m of the top of Minyon Falls.
- This walk is in a remote location an weather can be unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared, bring appropriate clothing and equipment, and advise a family member or friend of your travel plans.
Minyon Falls walking track offers the opportunity to experience a range of forests, pristine creeks and a spectacular waterfall in Nightcap National Park. Winding through Nightcap escarpment, in northern NSW, this beautiful track will challenge and delight bushwalking fans in equal measure.
Leading through dense rainforest, be sure to lookout for the spectacular stand of old-growth brushbox trees on the western side of Repentance Creek. Stop for a tranquil picnic lunch along the fern-lined creeks.
Choose to start this track from either of the picnic areas at Minyon Falls. The track links to Boggy Creek walk, which leads north to Rummery Park campground, in neighbouring Whian Whian State Conservation Area.
Relax at Minyon Grass picnic area. With its picnic tables and beautiful views of cascading falls and the surrounding forest, this low key spot is a little quieter than the popular picnic spot at Minyon Falls lookout.
Minyon Falls lookout offers stunning views of the waterfall and rainforest. With easy parking and picnic spots, it's a great day trip location for people visiting Byron Bay.
Minyon Grass picnic area, at the base of Minyon Falls in Nightcap National Park, near Lismore, is a beautiful place for lunch, offering a range of rainforest walks.
Boggy Creek walk in Whian Whian State Conservation Area takes you through blackbutt forest and along the beautiful Boggy Creek to Minyon Falls. You can swim in the inviting pools along the creek.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Alstonville office
- Thursday, 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Nightcap National Park in the North Coast region
Nightcap National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or management operations.