Boggy Creek walk
Whian Whian State Conservation Area
Minyon Falls upgrades in 2021
Minyon Falls area is currently closed while we upgrade and improve the facilities available for you in 2021. Find out more about the planned upgrades by checking the Minyon Falls Master Plan.
Boggy Creek walk in Whian Whian State Conservation Area takes you through blackbutt forest and along the beautiful Boggy Creek to Minyon Falls. You can swim in the inviting pools along the creek.
- Whian Whian State Conservation Area
- 4km return
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 3
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and drinking water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Boggy Creek walk is an easy, short walk that allows you to meander through the rainforest at your leisure between Minyon falls and Rummery Park campground in Whian Whian State Conservation Area.
The walk is a great one for the kids and is popular throughout the seasons. In the cooler months, it’s much quieter and you might even find you have the area all to yourself.
Along the way, you can relax by swimming in the many pools near the creek side section of the walk. This area is lovely; large turpentine trees, water gums and brushbox line the creek, as well as blackbutts and flooded gum.
Stop for lunch at Rummery Park campground or head back and take in the breathtaking views at Minyon Falls lookout, where Repentance Creek plunges over 100m, flowing down over enormous cliffs that were once part of the Tweek Volcano. If you still feel like walking, Minyon Falls walking track starts from Minyon Falls.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Alstonville office
- Thursday, 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Whian Whian State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Whian Whian State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather.