Applies from Fri 7 Oct 2022, 8.00am to Mon 10 Oct 2022, 8.30am. Last reviewed: Wed 5 Oct 2022, 11.07am
Closed areas: Areas closed due to weather event
Areas of Warrumbungle National Park will be closed due to severe weather, high rainfall and flash flooding predicted in the area.
Closures will affect the following areas:
- Camp Pincham: closed Friday 7 October until Sunday 9 October 2022 (inclusive).
- Camp Blackman and Walaay: closed Friday 7 October until Sunday 9 October 2022 (inclusive).
- Camp Wambelong: Open, but may be closed at short notice.
- Balor Hut / Camp, Danu Camp, Dows Camp, Ogma Camp, Burbie Camp: closed Friday 7 October and Saturday 9 October 2022.
- Canyon Picnic area: closed Friday 7 October until Sunday 9 October 2022 (inclusive).
Tara Cave, Burbie Canyon, Wambelong Nature Trail and Campers link walking tracks will be closed whilst creek crossings are flooded.
These closures will be reviewed regularly and may be extended.
Remember, it’s never safe to drive, ride or walk through flood waters. Check Live Traffic NSW for up-to-date information about road closures. For assistance during severe weather visit the NSW SES website. In life-threatening situations call emergency services on Triple Zero (000).
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For further information, contact the Warrumbungle National Park Visitor Centre on 02 6825 4364.
Affects 1 park and 14 locations nearby.