Applies from Tue 31 Mar 2020, 12.00pm. Last reviewed: Tue 15 Aug 2023, 10.40am
Closed areas: Kosciuszko National Park closed sites
A number of sites in Kosciuszko National Park are closed or may have other restrictions until further notice.
The following roads and trails are closed until further notice:
- Cabramurra to Khancoban Road (KNP5)
- Long Plain Road
- Pocket Saddle Road
- Blue Waterholes trail
- Broken Cart trail
- Port Phillip trail
- Bullocks Hill trail
- Four Mile trail
- Boundary Road
- Geehi Dam/Olsens Road
- Grassy Flat trail
- Kings Cross Road from Selwyn Resort to Dry Dam
- Tumut Ponds fire trail
Some sections of Kosciuszko National Park which burnt during the 2019/2020 fires remain closed. These areas include:
- Wolgal and Pattinson's Huts
Huts that burnt down in the 2020 fires
These locations remain open, but the following huts or buildings have been lost:
- Bradley/O'Brien's Hut, Brooks Hut, 4 Mile Hut, Happy's Hut, Harvey's Hut (under repair), Linesman's No.3 Huts, Round Mountain Hut, Vickery's Hut (under repair), and Dry Dam Ski Shelter.
- Warning: Please take care as there may be broken glass/nails that are uncovered since NPWS made records and cleaned up these sites. Please do not disturb the sites or remove artefacts.
Snowy 2.0 works affecting access to Tantangara Road and Tantangara Dam
- Access to the southern end of Tantangara Reservoir via Quarry trail is closed to the public.
- Access to the southern end boat ramp is open, but may be subject to short-term closures.
- Current boating and camping access to Tantangara Reservoir will still be available at access points on the northern end of the reservoir, via Port Phillip and Dam trails.
Do not enter closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.
Affects 1 park and 6 locations nearby.