Bobbin Head Information Centre
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Visit historic Bobbin Head Information Centre for information on walking, picnicking and the Aboriginal culture of Ku-ring-gai National Park, a short drive from Sydney.
- Visitor centres
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW, 2079 - in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays. Closed for lunch from 12pm to 12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- Please note
- Picnic facilities are located at Bobbin Head
Make the most of your day trip to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park with a visit to the historic Bobbin Inn, which now houses the information centre. The friendly staff can provide the lowdown on walking tracks, paddling routes, or the best picnic spot to suit a family outing or impress your visitors.
Whether you’re picking up a brochure or wanting to discover more about parks and reserves in the northern Sydney area, find out about the plants and animals of the region before heading out. You can enquire about school and group activities and tours, as well as pick up a great range of books, maps and souvenirs with an Australian theme.
It’s a short walk along Birrawanna walking track to nearby Kalkari Discovery Centre, where you can learn about the Aboriginal people of this area. Suitably inspired, head out with a picnic and enjoy your day exploring Sydney’s nature playground.
Nearby there’s a children’s playground that’s sure to be a hit with kids and you can pick up a coffee at the Bobbin Inn Café or tuck into some beautiful Mediterranean cuisine at Galley Foods Restaurant and Kiosk.
Tours and events at this location
Come along to the latest art exhibition upstairs at Bobbin Head Information Centre, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. You'll enjoy beautiful artworks by local artists.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass