Sphinx Memorial to Bobbin Head loop track
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Sphinx Memorial to Bobbin Head loop track takes in historic Sphinx memorial, and is a moderately challenging walk near North Turramurra.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- 10km loop
- Time suggested
- 3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Sunscreen, drinking water, hat
- Please note
- The Sphinx carpark closes at 5.30pm Monday to Sunday
- You'll find toilets and picnic facilities at Bobbin Head
If you like to mix things up a bit, you can’t miss Sphinx Memorial to Bobbin Head loop track. The long walk leads along Bobbin Head trail past open forests of smooth barked apple gum and red bloodwoods to Empire Marina Bobbin Head and historic Halvorsen’s boatshed before arriving at Bobbin Head.
Grab a bite here before joining Warrimoo track, which winds through thick mangroves. Keep an eye out for the Aboriginal middens as you walk, these unique heritage sites are testament to the bountiful food supplies enjoyed by the Guringai people in the region.
Joining Sphinx track, a short climb will return you to the Sphinx Memorial and several pyramids among rough barked tree ferns. Enjoy a picnic or break at this peaceful spot.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass