Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Visit Bobbin Head picnic area in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park and enjoy a barbecue or a spot of fishing. Go canoeing or hire a paddle boat for a great daytrip from Sydney.
- Picnic areas
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- The Pavillion and The Station picnic shelters can be booked online as venues.
Located in the west of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Bobbin Head is a large area offering lots of attractions and facilities. As well as being a great place to bushwalk, paddle or go fishing, Bobbin Head is the perfect waterfront picnic spot.
The area features barbecues, picnic tables, shelters and plenty of green space for an impromptu frisbee session or a spot of cricket. There’s also a children’s playground that’s sure to be a hit with kids and you can pick up a coffee at the Bobbin Head Inn Café or tuck into some contemporary Australian cuisine at Waterside Bistro.
Visit Empire Marina Bobbin Head to hire a run-a-bout with fishing licence, or follow any of the number of walking tracks and collect maps and brochures from Bobbin Head Information Centre. Stroll the mangrove boardwalk behind the picnic area and see if you can spot some of the park’s many birds.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass