The Station picnic shelter
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Positioned near the water, The Station picnic shelter in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is a wheelchair-friendly venue for a low-key barbecue, picnic or celebration.
- Venue is suitable for
- Parties, christenings, private lunches
- Maximum people: 60
- Picnic tables, barbecue facilities, drinking water, toilets
Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Venue is available for booking from 10am to 4pm.
- Book online or call Bobbin Head Information Centre.
- Other Information
- Picnic shelters are cleaned regularly. If the shelter is not at the standard you require, the Bobbin Head Information Centre can provide you with cleaning supplies.
- Please leave the area clean and tidy, and take rubbish with you when you go. If significant cleaning is required there may be a fee.
If you’re looking for a casual venue for a family gathering or celebration in Sydney’s north, head to The Station picnic shelter in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Located on the southern side of Bobbin Head picnic area, this historic picnic shelter is wheelchair-friendly and a great picnic spot – especially in summer.
There’s plenty of space to cook up a barbecue feast for up to 60 people. For a post picnic stroll, it’s only a 50m walk to the river bank. Or why not take the kids paddling in the cool water?
The Station has 3 sections that can be hired individually, or you can hire the whole venue if you’ve got a larger group.
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, Closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Bobbin Head Road, Mount Colah
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass