Berowra track to Apple Tree Bay
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Berowra track to Apple Tree Bay is in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Use this side track to visit Apple Tree Bay picnic area when walking between Mount Ku-ring-gai and Berowra train stations.
This 2km, 30min return side track is a great way to see the picturesque Apple Tree Bay when doing the 10km trek along Mount Ku-ring-gai track to Berowra Station.
To reach this peaceful spot from Mount Ku-ring-gai, follow signs for Apple Tree Bay and turn right at Cowan Creek. If you start at Berowra, follow signs to the junction with Mount Ku-ring-gai track, almost 7km, then continue along Berowra track along the water’s edge for 1km to Apple Tree Bay.
Apple Tree Bay picnic area is the perfect spot to refuel and re-energise before exploring some more. Pack a lunch to enjoy at one of the shaded picnic tables, or head over to the kiosk to buy some food and drink. Then relax and soak up the pretty waterfront views.
The moderately challenging Mount Ku-ring-gai track to Berowra Train Station is an ideal day walk offering picnicking, Aboriginal and historic heritage in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
Apple Tree picnic area is a popular waterfront rest spot, but it’s also the beginning of the Berowra walking track. Find access to parking, a café and toilets here.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass