Apple Tree picnic area
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Apple Tree picnic area is a popular waterfront rest spot, but it’s also the beginning of the Berowra walking track. Find access to parking, a café and toilets here.
- Picnic areas
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen
Apple Tree picnic area is only an hour’s drive from Sydney and one of the gateways to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park’s many walking trails, waterways and lookouts. Apple Tree picnic area provides an easily accessible spot to park your car and re-energise, before you head off into the park and explore. You can buy drinks and food at the café or make use of the shaded picnic tables and barbecues. The Berowra walking track begins at this point, but if you have a boat, you can also set sail from Apple Tree picnic area’s boat ramp.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass