Mount Ku-ring-gai track to Berowra Station
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
The moderately challenging Mount Ku-ring-gai track to Berowra Train Station is an ideal day walk offering picnicking, Aboriginal and historic heritage in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- 10km one-way
- Time suggested
- 3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
- Grade 5
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
When it’s time to answer the call of the wild, pack the sandwiches and grab your mates for a rugged bushwalk near Brooklyn. Only an hour from Sydney, it’s a perfect bush getaway taking in several fascinating historic sites. Mount Ku-ring-gai track links Mount Ku-ring-gai and Berowra train stations, so it’s a perfect day out by public transport.
Starting from Mount Ku-ring-gai Train Station, this moderately challenging track leads through dense woodlands past an Aboriginal midden of the Guringai people. Middens are common throughout the park and often found along creek lines and near rock overhangs.
The track leads to historic Appletree Bay, where you’ll follow Cowan Creek to Waratah Bay, the site of Windybank’s Boatshed. A rusting frame is all that’s left of a romantic holiday ‘paradise’. From here, it’s a steep climb to Berowra Station.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- Bobbin Head, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass