The Station picnic shelter
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Station picnic shelter.
Getting there and parking
The Station picnic shelter is on the southern side of Bobbin Head picnic area in Kuring-gai Chase National Park, next to the education centre. Access is via either Bobbin Head Road in North Turramurra or Ku-ring-gai Chase Road in Mount Colah.
Parking (including designated disabled spaces) is available 10m from The Station picnic shelter.
Toilets adjoin the shelter. They’re for public use at all times (not included in your reservation).
- Flush toilets
- There are 3 large round tables. Each is 4.6m in diameter, and provides undercover seating for around 15-20 people. As a whole, the tables seat a maximum of 60 people.
- You’re welcome to bring foldout chairs for extra guests.
- 2 of the sections have a side bench.
- 4 free electric barbecue hot plates in section 1. You can also bring gas barbecues if needed.
- Please note: if there is a total park fire ban, no gas barbecues allowed.
Drinking bubbler, sink and tap.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair accessible.
- This venue is on flat ground, with parking (including designated disabled spaces) 10m away. If you’re parking further away, there’s area for dropping people off.
- A wheelchair-accessible toilet is available.
- Picnic tables in sections 1 and 3 have wheelchair access.
- Amplified/loud music and/or public address systems
- Vines and other exotic plant material
- Candles or other open flames
- Confetti, rice, petals or similar
- Water balloons and paintball equipment
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass
Bobbin Head Information Centre
688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
Kalkari Discovery Centre
402 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2079
- 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Kalkari Discovery Centre