Kalkari Discovery Centre
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Walk the Kalkari Discovery Centre’s easy Discovery trail to learn more about Ku-ring-gai’s native species, Aboriginal history and network of bushwalks.
- Visitor centres
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- Please note
You'll need to visit Bobbin Head Information Centre if you'd like to buy an annual pass or retail items.
Immerse yourself in the knowledge Kalkari Discovery Centre has to offer. At Kalkari, you’ll be inspired to learn more about the park’s plants, animals and Aboriginal history, under the guidance of Kalkari’s knowledgeable volunteers. Find out more about the Discovery trail and the range of educational activities for adults and children on offer. You may find yourself making a model wombat and burrow, sipping morning tea with visitors from around the world, or playing Aboriginal games.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Kalkari Discovery Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy a pass