The Pavillion picnic shelter
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Book The Pavillion picnic shelter for your next party. The waterfront views of Cowan Creek are perfect for a summer celebration.
- Venue is suitable for
- Private party or function
Maximum people: 100
The NPWS Area Office must approve any bookings or activities of more than 100 people.
- Picnic tables, barbecue facilities, carpark, drinking water, toilets
- Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Venue is available for booking from 10am to 4pm.
- Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757
- Other Information
- Picnic shelters are cleaned regularly. If the shelter is not at the standard you require, Bobbin Head Information Centre can provide you with cleaning supplies.
- Please leave the area clean and tidy. If significant cleaning is required there may be a fee. Please take all rubbish with you when you go.
Since it first opened in the 1930s, The Pavillion picnic shelter has been popular with families and picnickers. You’ll find it on the northern side of Bobbin Head picnic area in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
This pocket of green space is perfect for large group celebrations like Christmas parties, family gatherings and social club picnics. Kids can play for hours on the grass, and there’s room for up to 100 people at the shelter’s 8 undercover tables with bench seats.
You’ll be just 20m from the water if your guests want to go paddling – or why not just sit back and enjoy the views of picturesque Cowan Creek as it winds its way past you?
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.
Under the Plan of Management for this park, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 20 or more people planning to visit this park. Contact the park office before your visit.Buy annual pass