Berowra Valley National Park
Join the Great North walk, mess about on a boat, have a barbecue or enjoy scenic views from one of the lookouts in Berowra Valley National Park, just north of Sydney.
Read more about Berowra Valley National Park
This large park occupies the beautiful bushland valley between the suburbs of Hornsby Heights, Thornleigh, Galston, Pennant Hills and Cherrybrook, reaching up to the quiet waters of Berowra Creek.
Covering a 25km stretch of the Great North walk, the park offers more than 70km of walking tracks and fire trails. If you’d rather enjoy nature at a slower pace, enjoy a picnic or barbecue at Crosslands Reserve, so close to the suburbs and yet so far from the speed of daily life. Berowra Creek is a great spot for some canoeing or kayaking, and there are some good places to dangle your line overboard - you might be lucky enough to catch some lunch.
Highlights in this park
Also known as Benowie walking track, this section of the iconic Great North walk between Sydney and Newcastle makes a great overnight hike or day walk...
Explore the beautiful bushland of Berowra Valley National Park along Lyrebird Gully circuit. This day walk connects Mount Ku-Ring-Gai and Berowra trai...
This very accessible lookout offers scenic views across the Berowra Valley and the waters of Berowra Creek. It’s a great spot for a picnic lunch.
Take a walk along the Place of Winds interpretive trail. It’s an easy walk along the boardwalk over salt marsh and through woodland, featuring some sc...
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in the Sydney and surrounds region
- Berowra Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Crosslands Reserve is open 8am to 7.30pm during daylight savings and 9am to 5pm the rest of the year
- Barnetts Road Reserve and the lookout is closed from sunset to sunrise
Bobbin Head Information Centre
02 9472 8949
Contact hours: 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- Bobbin Head Information Centre