Place of Winds interpretive trail
Berowra Valley National Park
Take a walk along the Place of Winds interpretive trail. It’s an easy walk along the boardwalk over salt marsh and through woodland, featuring some scenic views over the valley.
- 1.2km one-way
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Berowra creek is susceptible to pollution. Swimming should be avoided for three days after heavy rainfall or if the water is discoloured
- Picnic facilities are available at Crosslands Reserve if you have time for a picnic or barbecue
An easy hour’s walk along the Place of Winds interpretive trail is the perfect way to start or finish a day out at Crosslands Reserve.
The easy walk takes you through mangroves, swamps and forest in quite a short space of time and there are interpretive signs along the way so you’ll be able to find out more about these varied habitats. A boardwalk takes you out over the marshes to a platform overlooking the water and along your walk you’ll see evidence of Aboriginal occupation and some scenic views of the valley.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
You don't have to jump on a plane or travel far for adventure. Check out these dream beach and mountain escapes just moments from Sydney.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Berowra Valley National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- Berowra Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Crosslands Reserve is open 8am to 7.30pm during daylight savings and 9am to 5pm the rest of the year
- Barnetts Road Reserve and the lookout is closed from sunset to sunrise